- The List of Travel Grant Winners
- International Exchange Meeting for Young Researchers
- Travel Award Guidelines for Neuroscience 2015
- How to Apply for the Travel Award
The List of Travel Grant Winners
Neuroscience2015 Travel Award
- Annabella Pignataro (Santa Lucia Fondation)
- Ayushi Jain (M. L. Sukhadia University)
- Bolton Ka Hung Chau (University of Oxford)
- ChiHye Chung (Konkuk University)
- Cordelia Annemarie Imig (Max Planck Institute of Experimental Medicine)
- Cristian Ripoli (Catholic University School of Medicine Catholic University School of Medicine)
- Darambazar Gantulga (National Univ of Medical Sciences)
- Davide Amato (University Hospital Erlangen - Friedrich-Alexander Universität)
- Ding Liu (Chinese Academy of Sciences)
- Domenica Bueti (University Hospital of Lausanne)
- Hyo Jung Kang (Chung-Ang University)
- Jiwon Um (Yonsei University College of Medicine)
- Lei Pei (Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Tongji Medical College)
- Longzhen Cheng (Fudan University)
- Manju Tewari (Deemed University)
- Mathieu Bourdenx (University of Bordeaux)
- Mayank Chaturvedi (Nencki Institute of Experimental Biology)
- Mehdi Adibi (Australian National University)
- Noemi Eva Holderith (Hungarian Academy of Sciences)
- Olga Barca Mayo (Italian Institute of Technology (IIT))
- Papia Acharjee (nee Mondal) (Banaras Hindu University)
- Qiu-fen JIANG (The University of Hong Kong)
- Rajendra Kumar Shukla (CSIR - Indian Institute of Toxicology Research)
- Saeed Sadigh-Eteghad (Tabriz University of Medical Sciences)
- Suk Yu Yau (University of Victoria)
- Sung Hyun Kim (Kyung Hee University)
- Wen-Shan Zhao (Lanzhou University)
- Yaojing Chen (Beijing Normal University)
International Brain Research Organization, Asia Pacific Region committee Grant Travel Award
- Abdelaziz Ghanemi (Kunming Institute of Zoology Chinese Academy of Sciences)
- Besma Boubertakh (Kunming Institute of Zoology Chinese Academy of Sciences)
- Chandra Shaker (Sriram National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research)
- Juan Fu (Institute of Psychology，Chinese Academy of Sciences)
- Samaneh Dehghan (Tarbiat Modares University)
- Sara Nikseresht (Shahid Beheshti University of Medical Sciences)
- Shinomol George Kunnel (National Institute of Mental Health and Neuro Sciences (NIMHANS) and Dayananda Sagar college of Engineering)
- Vivitri Dewi Prasasty (Atma Jaya Catholic University of Indonesia)
JNS (Japan Neuroscience Society) - SfN (Society for Neuroscience) Exchange Travel Award
- Christie L Pizzimenti (Oregon Health & Science University)
- Eric Steven Wohleb (Yale University School of Medicine)
- Mehdi Farokhnia (National Institutes of Health)
- Rachel K Rowe (Barrow Neurological Institute at Phoenix Children's Hospital)
- Yu Shin Kim (Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine)
International Exchange Meeting for Young Researchers
This satellite meeting is held the day before the Annual Meeting to facilitate interaction among young researchers from abroad and Japan. Participants are requested to make poster presentation. The poster for Neuroscience 2015 will do.
Participants will interact with each other through discussion about research topics and free conversation. Free snacks and drinks will be provided.
Venue: Room 2A, 2F, Hall No.2 Building, Kobe International Exhibition Hall
Date & Time: Monday, July 27, 17:00-19:00 (Poster set-up starts at 16:00)
How to participate: Pre-registration is required.
Participation Fee: Free
Travel Award Guidelines for Neuroscience 2015
Travel Awards are offered to participants of the 38th Annual Meeting of the Japan Neuroscience Society (Neuroscience 2015) from abroad, especially for those from Asian-Pacific nations or developing countries presenting at the meeting.
Please be advised that persons from the following countries must apply for the Travel Award through their home Neuroscience Affiliations: China, South Korea, India, and Iran.
Call for Travel Award Applications is now closed.
Thank you to everyone who applied for the award.
- A certificate will be conferred at an award ceremony during the meeting.
- The meeting registration fee is waived. (The registration fee is waived also for rejected applicants who still decide to attend the meeting.)
- Recipients receive partial support for traveling expenses (airfare from the recipient's country of residence to Japan, domestic transportation fees in Japan).
- Accommodation will be provided for Recipients from July 27th to 31st (4 nights, single-room). The hotel will most likely be located near the conference venue.
- Recipients are invited to attend and present a poster at the International Exchange Meeting for Young Researchers and a get-together party on July 27th, 2015 (the day before the Annual Meeting) to facilitate interaction among young researchers from abroad and Japan.
- Recipients are invited to attend a reception during the meeting.
- The organizers will determine the appropriate amount for economy flights from the recipient's respective country once your application has been accepted.
- The amount of the Travel Award will not be increased under any circumstances. Each recipient must bear additional expenses.
- Recipients will receive the award at the meeting venue in Japanese yen.
- Accommodation at a designated hotel from July 27th to 31st will only be covered. Recipients must bear all expenses if they stay at hotels of their own choice or stay extra nights.
- “The International Exchange Meeting for Young Researchers” is a mandatory event.
- Persons who do not attend Neuroscience 2015 will have their award revoked.
- If a single presentation has multiple authors, only one main author is eligible.
- Participants can only give one presentation at the meeting as the main author.
- Participants who require a visa must obtain their visa by themselves. The meeting organizers will provide necessary visa documents upon request.
- All presenters at Neuroscience 2015 must be official members of the Japan Neuroscience Society. Reduced annual fees are available to foreign nationals who reside outside Japan. For further information about becoming a JNS member, please visit the web page:
How to Apply for the Travel Award
Please read the following instructions and go to Registration
- Prepare the following four documents in MS Word or PDF.
- a curriculum vitae
- publication list
- An electronic copy of your passport (only the page where the photograph of your face is recorded)
- An abstract describing your Neuroscience 2015 presentation.
For details about the abstract format, please see the Call for Papers section in the Annual Meeting homepage
- Upload these documents through our web page. After uploading the documents i)-iii), you will be directed to Abstract Submission Page where you can submit the document iv).
- Ask two referees to send the letters of recommendation (MS Word or PDF) directly to: firstname.lastname@example.org as e-mail attachments. One letter must be from the applicant's current supervisor. The letter should be no more than 1 page in length.
Check submitted content
Timeline for Neuroscience 2015 (tentative)
- Notification to Travel Award Winners
Confirmation of attendance
- Completion of Society Membership application (For meeting attendees only)
- Notification of presentation date and format